Stuck at Home Book Tag


I was very kindly tagged in the Stuck at Home Book Tag by Nicole over at HalfWildBooks, thank you so much for the tag and lets get to it!

The Tag Rules

  • -Thank the person who nominated you
  • -Answer all the questions down below
  • -Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
  • -Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about to do this tag

    1) What are you currently reading?

    I'll have finished this by the time the tag goes up, but at the time of writing this I'm reading A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Mass. I got it as an ARC on NetGalley due to the hype, and I was very apprehensive going in to it - but really enjoying it so far.

 2. What's your favourite 'can't leave the house' activity? 

Apart from reading, whilst I've been confined to the house I've been playing a lot of video games, specifically 'Valorant' with some of my friends - and more recently I had a couple of virtual movie nights with my friend that I really enjoyed. I think I just like being socially anti-social sometimes.

3. A book you've been meaning to read forever

There are SO many books I've been meaning to read but haven't gotten around to yet - but for me this has to be 1984 by George Orwell. Orwell is one of my favourite authors, with Animal Farm being my favourite book, but the one time I tried to read 1984 I just couldn't get into it, but I'm really hyped to read it so I want to give it another shot as I've heard so many incredible things about it, and how it parallels current society it just sounds really interesting.

4. An intimidating book on your tbr

The most intimidating standalone book on my tbr is War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, I bought it out of curiosity and with good intentions to read it - although having it sat on my bookshelf is honestly terrifying, it's such a long book. I have the Wordsworth classics edition which is almost 1,000 pages and the font is so tiny! I'm scared!

5. Top 3 priority books on your tbr

My top 3 priorities to read are:
-Good Girl, Bad Blood - Holly Jackson 
I read A Good Girl's Guide to Murder earlier in the year, and I absolutely loved it and couldn't be more excited to get to the sequel, especially as I was very kindly gifted it and have it sat on my bookshelf, waiting for me.
-Only Mostly Devastated - Sophie Gonzales
I've heard so many incredible things about this book, and it's being branded as an LGBT Grease retelling and that has my so excited, it's also not a particularly long book so I don't know what's stopping me!
-It Only Happens In The Movies - Holly Bourne
This book has been on my tbr for so long at this point. I've been so hyped to read it but I just haven't gotten around to it, but it keeps floating around at the top of my tbr.

6. Recommend a short book

As I previously mentioned, Animal Farm by George Orwell is my favourite book so naturally that's the one I have to recommend! Depending on the version of the book, the page count is around 100 or just over and every time I've read it I've been able to sit and read it in one go. The pacing is great and it moves so quickly that you really can't put it down - and, despite it being such a short book, it's packed full of story!

7. Recommend a long book

A long book that I really enjoyed is A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. Although, I know adult fantasy really isn't for everyone, it's not really my cup of tea either but I loved the television series so decided to pick up the first book and loved that one too. I desperately need to continue with the series.

8. Something you've love to do while stuck at home

Honestly, I don't think there's anything else I'd like to do at home - I'm having quite a good time currently, having so much extra time to read, create content for my blog and youtube channel and cuddle with my dog!

9. What do you plan on reading next? 

As soon as I'm done with A Court of Thorns and Roses I intend to pick up Sex Robots & Vegan Meat by Jenny Kleeman which is also an ARC. Whilst writing this it's still Galleyathon (A week long readathon to read your NetGalley arcs) and so I'm trying to work through as many as possible.

I'm tagging:

Lauren

Comments