The TBR Purge [Round 2]



The TBR Purge [Round 2]


Welcome back to Round 2 of the TBR Purge! (my favourite blog series so far!!) In this 'series' I'm going to look at the 5 lowest rated fiction and non-fiction books in my GoodReads to be read lists (10 in total) and decide whether I want to keep them or purge them!


1- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - Paul Torday (3.53 GR Rating) 

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen is a book that's unlike anything I've read previously. I've never read anything set in the Middle East but I'm really curious about this. This was a recent charity shop find so I do have a physical copy. I feel like this might be a book that I need to set a deadline to make sure I do read it and don't just stick it at the bottom of the TBR pile, but for now, it's a KEEP.


2- The Kissing Booth - Beth Reekles (3.54 GR Rating)

I had never heard of The Kissing Booth until it was adapted by Netflix, and have since learned that Beth Reekles was just 15 when she wrote this book, which honestly makes me sceptical, although that just might be me being a little bit prejudice towards age there. From seeing reviews from my friends on GoodReads they're vary varied, ranging from 4-1 stars, which scares me even more! But for now, I'm going to KEEP The Kissing Booth and give it the benefit of the doubt. 


3 - The Last - Hanna Jameson (3.55 GR Rating)

I'll be honest, I added this to my TBR knowing very little about it, apart from it being a dystopian and having a pretty cover, and until writing this I had completely forgotten that this book existed and that it was on my TBR, so I think that's a good enough reason for it to get the PURGE.


4 - Fake it Till You Break It - Jenn P. Nguyen (3.56 GR Rating)

This was another book that I had completely forgotten about, I believe I added it to my TBR as I was browsing books for the Asian Readathon earlier in the year, and all I know is that this is a YA Romance and I don't think that's enough to justify keeping it on my TBR, and so that's another book for the PURGE.


5 - Solitaire - Alice Oseman (3.57 GR Rating)

From what I've read so far from Alice Oseman, I see absolutely no reason to get rid of this book. I have every intention to read it and just haven't gotten around to it yet, despite owning a physical copy. So this is a definite KEEP.


6 - The Genius of Women: From Overlooked to Changing the World - Janice Kaplan (3.86 GR Rating)

I've been interested in reading more feminist based books recently, it's so nice to see how women are changing the world and makes you feel like you can do anything as a woman, where you're sometimes told the opposite. This is another one of those books that I've been putting off and not reading when I do want to, so, for now, this book will be a KEEP but if I don't commit to reading it soon, that might change.


7 - Dear Girls: Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets, & Advice for Living Your Best Life - Ali Wong (3.90 GR Rating)

This is Ali Wong's memoir/autobiography and I don't know Ali Wong all that well, I don't think I've seen her physical acting from what I can remember but rather only her voice acting, although - I do enjoy listening to the audiobooks of memoirs narrated by the authors, especially when they're related to the film industry because I love film, and so this book will be a KEEP.


8 - Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things - Jenny Lawson (3.92 GR Rating)

I added this book to my TBR because of the title and nothing else, because I fuel my life on laughing at my misfortunes and shortfalls and so I think this is definitely the kind of book I'd enjoy. I hope to get to this book soon and make it somewhat of a priority on my TBR, so Furiously Happy is a KEEP.


9 - Enemy of All Mankind: A True Story of Piracy, Power, and History's First Global Manhunt - Steven Johnson (3.91 GR Rating) 

Enemy of All Mankind is a very recent addition to my TBR and I added it purely because it's about an actual real-life pirate, but on reflection... do I actually want to know about an actual real-life pirate? hmm... I don't think I do. This was such a weird addition to my TBR now I'm looking back on it because at current time I'm not even remotely interested in reading this book, so it's one more for the PURGE.


10 - This Will Only Hurt A Little - Busy Phillips (3.92 GR Rating)

Similarly to Ali Wong's Memoir, I added this due to my interest in celebrity culture and film. I've actually heard a lot of positive things about this book and I definitely want to listen to the audiobook sometime soon, and so this is a KEEP


So that was the 2nd round of TBR Purge! I only purged 30% of the books, compared to 60% last time - I don't really mind how many I'm purging but I always hope there'll be at least one or two that I've decided I don't want to read anymore; as I'm always adding things to my TBR and forgetting about them!

Comments