How I Organise My GoodReads Shelves

 


How I organise my GoodReads Shelves


I spend a lot of time organising my GoodReads shelves, I'm a bit obsessed really! But I thought it might be interesting to share how I organise the books on my various TBR lists.


Firstly, there are the 'exclusive' shelves. This means that these books are exclusively on these shelves and not just the usual 'want to read', 'currently reading' or 'read' shelves that are generic to GoodReads pages. 


My exclusives shelves look a bit like this:

Read (all the books I've read)

Currently Reading (books I'm reading right now)

Want to Read (the top 20 books I want to read on my general TBR)

arcs-digital-owned (NetGalley arcs I have that are unreleased)

arcs-released-tbr (NetGalley arcs I have that are already released) 

[current month]-tbr (my tbr for the month we're in)

classics-tbr (all of the classics that I want to read)

DNF (books that I did not finish)

interested-fic (main general tbr for fiction books I want to read)

interested-nonfic (main general tbr for non-fiction books I want to read)

next-in-series-tbr (the next book in each series that I need to continue) 

priority-tbr (books that I need to read for my PopSugar challenge)


And then there are the general shelves that look like this:

2020-PopSugar-reading-challenge (full tbr for the reading challenge)

aq-[current month] (all of the books I've hauled in the current month) 

arcs-read (all of the arcs I've read)

digital-owned (all of the digital ebooks I own that aren't arcs)

digital-tbr (the digital owned books I haven't read)

favourite-books (a small sample of my favourite books) 

[insert name]-tbr (the tbr for whatever monthly readathon I'm doing

library-on-loan (all the books I have out from the library)

owned-tbr (all of the physical books that I haven't read)

pbl (books I've borrowed from the phone box library)

physical-arcs-owned (physical arcs that I own)

physical-owned (all the physical books I own including arcs)

signed-books (signed physical books that I own)


And then lastly, I have a shelf for every book I've read by month in the format z-(month)(year) to ensure that these shelves are alphabetically sorted to the bottom of the list and are easily accessible.


These shelves help me out a lot when I'm looking for specific books, planning out TBRs or prioritising books that I need to read for challenges, and I hope it gives you some inspiration for organising your GoodReads shelves! 


Comments